Import WSDL Not Generating Anything

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Hi,

I have a simple WSDL file (generated from WSCF.Blue) that has a few operations and 3 imported schemas and when I run the (VS2010) import wsdl addin, i get "total elements generated: 0". But I also get no errors!

I can see it does something as the wsdl and xsd files get put into the schema folder in the solution along with a generated map file, but nothing else.

I realise this is a needle in a haystack problem, but can you give me any pointers as to what to look for to try and get it working? Without an error, it is very difficult to know where to begin, but I guess there must be something wrong with the wsdl file - maybe its format or something means the addin doesn't think there is anything to import???

Cheers
Dan

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Hi,

Did you try with Xml Serializer option set in the model properties? On the other hand, you can try to verify if your WSDL can generate valid contract code by running svcutil tool passing your wsdl file and checking if it throw any warning/error or if it just can generate the proxy files.

Regards,

Hernan 

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Hi Hernan,

I tried it with XmlSerializer and also with data contract serializer and both did the same thing (nothing!). I did an add service reference from a test client (which i believe uses svcutil under the covers) and it generated a proxy no probs.

I also decided to do a control test, so I hand crafted a test service model using wssf then generated the code, then pointed the import wsdl tool at the service file (?wsdl) and it imported the wsdl absolutely fine.

Is there anything else can I try?

Cheers

Dan

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Mm, well is hard to tell if I cannot see the wsdl. If you agree, why don;t you send me the wsdl file so I can do some further research. Just send me you e-mail to my contact so we can move foward offline.

Thanks,

Hernan