Error running installation after solution rebuild with this feature

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM
I would like to use this feature outside of the experimental hive to share with others on my team. I've performed all the steps up to the part to register the guidance package.  Instead I recompiled the Service Factory Guidance Package Setup project.  I try to run the ServiceFactoryV3.msi file in the release\bin dir but I get the following error message below.  Is it possible to run this outside of the experimental hive?  I made sure the ImportWsdl.xml property "Copy to Output Directory" is set to "Copy if newer".  I see that in the file "Service Factory Guidance Package Files.wxs" there are references to the other recipes.  Is there information to put into this file anywhere? 

Another note: I did go and register the new guidance package to be sure I did everything in the document.  Under the experimental hive everything works ok.  I unregistered the guidance package and reset the environmental hive.  Now I'm struggling to get this into a new release.

Thanks...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11001
Date:  2/25/2009
Time:  2:34:29 PM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 11001 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: Custom Web Service Software Factory: Modeling Edition -- Error 1001. Error 1001: Resource error has occured and no fallback has been provided: Resource 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/Custom%20Microsoft%20Service%20Factory%20V3/Guidance%20Package/Recipes/ImportWsdl/ImportWsdl.xml' cannot be fetched.. --> Resource 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/Custom%20Microsoft%20Service%20Factory%20V3/Guidance%20Package/Recipes/ImportWsdl/ImportWsdl.xml' cannot be fetched. --> Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Custom Microsoft Service Factory V3\Guidance Package\Recipes\ImportWsdl\ImportWsdl.xml'. --> Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Custom Microsoft Service Factory V3\Guidance Package\Recipes\ImportWsdl\ImportWsdl.xml'. --> Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Custom Microsoft Service Factory V3\Guidance Package\Recipes\ImportWsdl\ImportWsdl.xml'., (NULL), (NULL), (NULL).
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Make sure that you inclided this file (it is marked as 'Content') in your msi project because by reading your error message, it seems that is not there (not included in the msi).
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM
Same issue here in 2010 version, but happened while installing from the VSIX file, not from the setup. Te problem is that when you create the xml file (ImportWsdl.xml) you don't have the appropriate file properties by default in the solution explorer. Solved it by setting "Copy to Output Directory" property to "Copy if newer" and "Include in VSIX" to "True".