Source Code Problems

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Hi,

When I first tried to compile the code as-is it didn’t compile. I had to add or change references in almost all projects. The compiler stated that Microsoft.Practices.Modeling.Dsl.Service.dll was using newer versions of assemblies than the ones referenced by the project.

While completing this exercise I also realized that the projects were still referencing certain VS 2005 SDK and VS 2005 assemblies. So, this means that I must have VS 2005 and its SDK installed for compiling the project. Is there a specific reason for this? Is this by design?

After getting the solution to compile, I then tried to execute the included tests. But, there were about 80 tests failing. I assumed that those tests were not suppose to fail or they would have not been included, however I still had to modify some of the Mock objects to return fake values required by EnvDTE to make those tests pass. Was I wrong in assuming this? Were the failing tests left there for a specific reason?

Thanks,
Eric Jobin

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Hi Eric,

You may find similar issues and answers in these threads:

Feb 2008 source references...

Requirements to install...

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. The threads were helpful in understanding the problems I had compiling. However, I am still left with no answers regarding my questions surrounding the unit tests problems.

Thanks,
Eric

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM

After fixing the references as described in these posts the units should run as expected (passing them all out of the box).